Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back to books!!


ok, attachment at SGH ward 76 have benn a fruitful one. I really learn alot and I am able to improve my clinical skills. All this cannot be done without a good clinical instructor and also great nurses at ward 76. Their teaching is so valuable. In the last 3 weeks, i came across alot of weird pathology and how it manifest itself in reality. All the theories in school does not prepared me for the challenges ahead. The split-second decision that need to be done when a problem arise.


I came across a patient who is bleeding internally. I was sucking out his gastric juice(by using a syringe)from his nasogastric tube but instead of gastric juice, a red bloody fluid came out instead. It was blood. Alot of it. it was quite shocking but it is good experieced.

To my favourite apek, i hope you get well soon. You have been such a great patient. Until now, I still think about you, whether you are alright or have your wound heal already. You make my clinical attachment fun.

Next, I was watching the NDP encore telecast on mediocorp channel 5, gosh, they make the event look so horrible. But I know I have fun doing the duty. Now NDP is over, I dont know what to look forward to. Plus attachment is over, I am feeling even more bored now. Though i have exams next week and i should be studying, now i see that exams is not going to be useful.

You may have all the theories stuck in your head, all in the detailed but still it will not help you much in reality.Whatever you have studied,if you do know how to apply it in real life, you will lose out. You may Aces is every subject there is
but if have no experieced, you are back to zero. Experieced in the field you are going to pursue is important. I am not what I am now, if my school did not send me for attachment. Communication skills with client/patients is not something you can master straight out from the book. Trying to balance the pros and cons of every decision that you make on a real human life is not that easy. For every decision, there is a risk involved. When a crisis happen, you can't just go to a book,open up to the right page and find the answers. All this should be something innate.
You need experieced to achieved such standard.

I thanked my school and my cca for exposing me to reality. Now I can see how life work. Plus, in my course specifically, you can see lots of trouble of a person life.
Not from books or tv. It is now infront of you.

many young singaporean are still in dreamland. Sitting behind their desk, doing their problem sum, geography essay and chemical equation. Clueless on how really life function. Not seeing yet, the ugly singaporean out there, the sick, the despair elderly whose child did not visit them for a such a long time. It is quite sad to see all those stuff.

i believed it is time for the youth of the nation to go out of their comfort zone and see what truly life is....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home