Sunday, October 16, 2005

I wish to make a Confession....

I wish to say that I am officially a Gay. Yes, I am a gay.
















LOLX. rubbish lah. Siao arr??? i was joking la.haha. it is lame ,i noe, .Haha.lets begins the official blogging for today...



Confession Of a student Nurse

Audi tag me and say that being sincerely kind is part of the job as Nurse.
Well,i believed in that at first. As a new student in nursing, we have a stroke with the naive thinking about nurses. Nurses are kind people who took care of the sick . Promote their independance. You will have this image of a nurse feeding a patient with much love and patience.


Well, everybody have this Angelic image of nurses.hmm, hoping you get a piece of kindness?
Fat hope. Fat hope i should say. Please be reminded that we are not in Utopia. Nothing is what it seems.

Lets begin with this, I have a view my future career during my attachment for 3 weeks at a General Hospital. Sorry, I cannot name the hospital. If they found out that I wrote this, they gonna sue me. carry on, when I graduated, I will be given a diploma in nursing and a license to practise nursing. Here the twist, nursing are like doctors too, they need a license to practice.
So who the crap say that nurse have a secure job forever? That is a lie.That is a total false. One small tiny mistake, there you go!! you will lose your license and your education level is degraded to just a mere O' level certificate. Why do I say that? If you lose your license of nursing in singapore or anywhere else, that will be in your personal record forever, And thus, nobody internationally wont be bothered to hire you. Your career is always on a thin ice if your in nursing.No matter how high you like a Master degree in Nursing, if you lose your license for a malpractice. You can just go and die. Your whole world have crumble and it cannot be restore.

So nurses now need to have a lot of saving -my-own-butt to do. Nurses will now spend more time trying to see if they practice correctly than the human touch. When I graduate from nanyang poly, I am going to be Staff Nurse. Yes, although physically I will be in the ward. I will have low human touch. staff nurse do alot more paper work or what I called it saving-my-own-ass paper work.

plus with a shortage of nurses, we dont have much of manpower. Staff nurse will be busy with nursing notes and serving medicine, and getting ready to pass report to the next shift. In one room of 8 people, there will be one nurse to take care of everything. How can we nurses give so much tender loving care with your patients? there is no time. plus so much work! 90% of nurses do not go for break throughout their 8 hours+++ shifts. You will be ultra exhausted by the end of the days. Trust me. You donts sit down most of the time. You will be walking around.

Furthermore, with time constraint, this will be a low nurse-patient interaction. There is no chance of therapeutic communication with patients. Nurses will be very busy plus will response very slowly toward patient call.

Honestly, you wont see nurses saying this type of phrase" Uncle, how can I help you? YOu want this, OK let me help you."
Here the reality, an Uncle want the urinal. He press the call bell and ask for the nurse assisstance. THE nurse will come to the uncle and say" Uncle what you want?ok, you wait ah"
haha, expect TLC? dun bother.

LOLx, when a nurse spend so too much in nursing, they become numb. They lose their heart. They lose their empathy.

so sad? haha, that is reality. The reason for all this is due too shortage of nurses and it is expensive to hire a staff nurse. One day in hospital it cost more that a day in a Hotel.


But What keep a nurses going?

You will be surprised. It is emotionaly rewarding. I will not explain much on this coz it takes experiences to feel it. then you will understand. haha.


K den, I talk too much already. haha.
time to say Good bye.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home